The digital challenge ROOMn, a business accelerator for innovative start-ups
Created in 2017 in partnership with the Monegasque government, the Digital Challenge aims to promote solutions by young innovative companies working in the digital transformation field. Awarded by a jury of professionals, the prize is a true springboard for these start-ups. In 2017, Erméo, which proposes solutions to transform technical documentation into interactive and collaborative documentation, won the very first Digital Challenge. This recognition allowed it to speed up growth.
Digital Challenge ROOMn, promoting innovation
Today, there are many start-ups developing innovative solutions to assist companies in their digital transformation. However, they face serious difficulties in getting their foot in the door with potential clients. The Digital Challenge ROOMn was created to provide them a shop front at ROOMn, the meeting that brings together BUs and IT.
"There are plenty of prizes to help start-ups. To set ourselves apart, we decided to select companies that have already proven themselves and that work on mobile apps. The aim of this award is to help these young companies generate business", explains Jean-Paul Mazoyer, President of the Digital Challenge ROOMn.
Applications are open to any company created after 1 January 2014 in a member State of the European Union, Switzerland, Norway and Monaco. Participating companies must also submit an innovative mobility or digital solution.
ERMEO, winner of the 2017 edition of the Digital Challenge
ERMEO’s technical document digitisation solution, which aims to simplify technicians’ maintenance interventions as much as possible, was a hit with the jury.
ERMEO has seen a major impact during and since the event. "During ROOMn 2017, we were able to present our solution and gain great visibility, and above all, true credibility", remembers Pierre Joly, ERMEO co-founder. "We were also able to meet some very highly qualified prospects. Plus, in addition to all the networking opportunities that ROOMn provides, this prize is also very highly appreciated by banks and investment funds; it reassures them and gives the company’s strategy legitimacy in their eyes."
An exceptional prize, backing growth
The event’s organisers will award the winner of the Digital Challenge ROOMn:
- Free participation in ROOMn, a prize worth €18 500 (excl. VAT)
- Hosting for six months (renewable once) at Station F start-up campus (formerly Halle Freyssinet)
- A meeting with Monegasque entrepreneurs organised by the Jeune Chambre Economique de Monaco
The jury of the Digital Challenge ROOMn is composed of sector specialists and professionals:
- Jury President : Jean-Paul Mazoyer, Director General of Crédit Agricole Mutuel Pyrénées Gascogne
Jury members are:
- Robert Eusèbe, Digital Services Director, Ingerop
- Greg Ragon, Senior Digital Manager, Carrefour
- Dominique Guiffard, CIO, Céline
- Pascal Basset, International CIO and Group CISO, PMU
- André Saint-Mleux, President, Arthapol SAS, representative of the Monegasque government
- Didier Gras, Group Chief Information System Security Officer, BNP Paribas
- Didier Rochereau, President, APF SAS
- Thierry Rouquet, President, Sentryo
- Pierre Joly, co-founder of ERMEO, 2017 winner
Application are open until November 30, 2017 at midnight.